The Rivers State Police Command wishes to inform the general public and residents of the State that the use of fireworks/Crackers and Knockouts, before, during and after the Christmas and New Year Celebrations is completely banned.
A statement issued by the police public relation officer DSP NNAMDI OMONI On behalf of the COMMISSIONER OF POLICE RIVERS STATE COMMAND. MUSTAPHA DANDAURA said that: –
- The Command is not unmindful of the fact that these devices are Explosives’ which by their nature are harmful and capable of disrupting the peaceful atmosphere and causing unnecessary panic and tension in the State.
- To this end therefore, the command is appealing to the general public, parents and guardians alike, to desist from blasting these ‘Devices’, and parents to warn their Children and wards against it and adhere to this order. Retailers of these ‘Devices’ are equally advised and warned to stop the sale, as any person or group of persons found flouting this order will be arrested and prosecuted.
- The Command has made adequate deployments of Men and Materials to ensure that there will be a seamless Yuletide Celebration, one of its kind in the history of the State.
- The Commissioner of Police, CP Mustapha Dandaura again, wishes to assure the people of the State that the Command will leave no stone unturned, to ensure that there will not be any form of Security breach, in the course of these festivities.
- The Command is irrevocably committed to delivering quality policing services in line with International best practices. Hence we seek your full support and cooperation in this regard, while urging the public to increase their Security consciousness and report all suspicious movements and characters around them to the Police, via the following Security Numbers: