The Pentagon has admitted that number of US troops suffering from traumatic brain injuries (TBI) after the Iranian attack on a US base in Iraq in January has risen to 109
The figure is a significant increase from the 64 injured service members previously reported by the Pentagon.
According to US officials the rising number of reported cases results from the mild form of injury which means symptoms take time to manifest, the Pentagon said in a press conference in January.
the Pentagon in a statement said Nearly 70% of the injured service members have returned to their duties.
The attack on 8 January came over the US killing of an Iranian general.
President Donald Trump initially said no Americans were injured in the raid.
US Republican lawmaker Joni Ernst Monday called for more answer.
“I’ve called on the Pentagon to ensure the safety and care of our deployed forces who may be exposed to blast injuries in Iraq,” “It’s vital we have a plan to treat these injured service members.