Troops of 403 Special Forces Brigade Baga and Niger Republic troops led by Brigadier General GM Mutkut – Commander Special Forces Brigade Baga in a combined operation had a fierce encounter with some Boko Haram/ISWAP criminals at Kure village along Tumbun Rago and Tumbun Fulani general areas of Borno State on the 6th of April 2020 in continuation with the ongoing clearance operations in the North East Theatre
A statement issued by Acting Director Defence Media Operations Defence Headquarters Brigadier General BENARD ONYEUKO on the 7th April 2020 said, with the support of the Air Task Force, the terrorists were decisively dealt with and the following incidents and recoveries were recorded after an intense fire fight:
- One terrorist met his waterloo and unconfirmed number escaped with bullet wounds as a result of the encounter.
- One Gun Truck c. One Anti-Aircraft Gun
- One Motorcycle
- One Light Machine Gun
- One AK 47 Rifle and a magazine
- Quantity Two Hundred and Twenty-Seven (227) rounds of 12.7 mm ammunition
- Quantity ten (10) rounds of 7.62 mm Special ammunition.
There was no casualty or equipment losses by the military forces.
Members of the public are once again requested to continue to cooperate and support the security forces with credible information that could aid/hasten the completion of the ongoing clearance operations.