RIVERS POLICE COMMAND DECLARES WAR AGAINST THOSE THAT ATTACKED AND LOOTED POLICE STATIONS IN OYIGBO.
The Rivers State Commissioner of Police, CP Joseph G. Mukan psc (+) has declared total war against the miscreants who attacked and looted Police Stations in Oyigbo LGA.
2. The CP made this declaration during a meeting with DPOs/HODs of the Tactical Units in the Command, where he gave them the marching order within the next 48hrs to deploy both Intelligence and Patrols across the Command to ensure that the items looted are recovered and perpetrators arrested with immediate effect, as some persons have already been arrested and are being prosecuted.
3. The CP further warns members of the proscribed Indigenous peoples of Biafra (IPOB) to relocate from the State as machineries have been put in place to fish them out and deal with them as a Terrorist group.
4. Again the CP for the umpteenth time wishes to reiterate emphatically that Rivers State is not an IPOB State and will deal decisively with any group that carries out activities under that guise or any guise whatsoever.
5. According to him, IPOB has been outlawed by both the Federal and State Governments and to that extent is non-existent anywhere else, including Rivers State. Hence Parents and Guardians should warn their Children/Wards to be law abiding or else bear the full weight of the law.
6. The public is hereby enjoined to increase their security consciousness and report any suspicious character or the whereabouts of any of the looted property to the nearest Police Station or call the following security numbers:
SP Nnamdi Omoni
Police Public Relations Officer
For: Commr.of Police
Rivers State Command