OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE
MORE TERRORISTS ELIMINATED BY TROOPS OF OPERATION FIRE BALL ARMS AND AMMUNITION RECOVERED
1. The dogged troops of Operation FIRE BALL have continued to exhibit their tactical superiority against remnants of Boko Haram and Islamic State’s West Africa Province criminals within the Theatre of operation.
2. Sequel to this, on 6 December 2020, following actionable intelligence on Boko Haram criminals activities, troops of 222 Battalion in conjunction with elements of Borno State Civilian Joint Task Force conducted an aggressive fighting patrol to the general area of Margumari village. The highly motivated troops made contact and immediately engaged some marauding Boko Haram criminals lurking in the area. During the brief but decisive encounter, 4 Boko Haram criminals were neutralized while one FN Rifle, one AK 47 Rifle, 2 FN Rifle magazines and 4 AK 47 Rifle magazines were captured from the fleeing criminals. Additionally, 29 Rounds of 7.62mm NATO ammunition, 39 Rounds of 7.62mm Special ammunition, 2 Motorcycles, Motorcycle repair tools and one Tecno phone were also captured.
3. Earlier, on 5 December 2020, troops of 144 Battalion conducted a robust clearance patrol to Yafa, Kirchinga and Shuwarin general areas. Troops made contact and engaged the criminals at Yafa. In the ensuing gun battle, one Boko Haram criminal was neutralized while several others are believed to have escaped with gunshot wounds.
PIX. Recovered Arms and Ammunition from the BHT/ISWAP criminals by troops of 222 Battalion
4. The troops of Operation FIRE BALL under Operation LAFIYA DOLE are commended for their continued dedication and determination in flushing the remnants of the terrorists in their hideouts. They are also encouraged not to relent but build on the successes recorded so far.
5. The entire populace of the North East region are hereby assured of the Nigerian military high command determination to finally rout the remnants of Boko Haram/Islamic State’s West Africa Province criminals from their enclaves in this zone. They are also encouraged to avail the troops with credible information that will help in the execution of the operation.
PIX. Recovered motorcycle tools from the BHT/ISWAP criminal by troops of 222 Battalion
6. You are requested to please disseminate this information to the general public through your medium with attached photographs. Thank you for your cooperation.
Defence Media Operations
7 December 2020