– About 43 personnel from the Nigerian Navy have been declared wanted for desertion
– The deserted officers were serving on vessels and ships on foreign missions when they fleed
– The Navy published the names and photographs of the officers wanted in a circular at its headquarters
A report by The Nation indicates that 43 Nigerian Navy personnel have been declared wanted after absconding from their duty without permission or resignation.
It was gathered that most of the deserted officers were serving on Naval vessels and ships amid foreign missions in European countries when they fled. Although no reason was given for the disappearance of the officers,
According to the circular, displayed at the Navy headquarters in Abuja, all personnel with information on the whereabouts of the wanted officers are to apprehend them or be dealt with as an accomplice.
The names and photographs of the wanted personnel were also exhibited. Members of the public have been urged to report to the nearest Naval facility or police station with useful information that could lead to the arrest
Names of some of the wanted officers
1. L.O Chiegboka (SVC NN/3764. Ship: NOP Lake Chad)
2. O.S. Itodo (SVC 5872F. Ship: NNH Warri)
3. Anthony E.S. (SVC 18870. Ship: NNS Delta)
5. Yusuf A. (SVC X15018. Ship: NNS Partfinder)
6. Brown I.E (SVC X15545. Ship: NNH Warri)
7. Adiele S.C (SVC X15782. Ship: NNS SOROH)
8. Armstrong K, (SVC 7553. Ship: NNS PARTFINDER)
9. Hassan A. (SVC X7542. Ship NNS PARTFINDER)
10. Osazuwa G (SVC X15831. Ship: NHQ)
It also provided contact telephone numbers, where information relating to the movement of the wanted Officers.