POLICE PRESS RELEASE
BAN ON THE USE OF FIREWORKS/CRACKERS AND KNOCKOUTS
The Rivers State Police Command wishes to inform the general public and indeed residents of the State that the use of fireworks/Crackers and Knockouts, before, during and after the Christmas and New Year Celebrations is completely banned.
2. The Command is not unmindful of the fact that these devices are Explosives’ which by their very nature are harmful and capable of disrupting the peaceful atmosphere with the likelihood of causing unnecessary panic and tension in the State.
3. To this end therefore, the Command is appealing to the general public, to desist from blasting these ‘Devices’, and Parents to warn their Children/wards against the use of these explosives and adhere strictly to this order. Retailers of these ‘Devices’ are equally advised and warned to stop the sale, as any person or group of persons found flouting this order will be arrested and prosecuted, as a Taskforce has already been constituted to enforce compliance.
4. The Command has made adequate deployments of Men and Materials to ensure that there will be a seamless Yuletide Celebration, one of its kind in the history of the State.
5. The Commissioner of Police, CP Joseph G. Mukan psc (+) again, wishes to assure the good people of the State that the Command will leave no stone unturned, to ensure, that there will not be any form of Security breach, in celebrating the Christmas and New Year festivities.
6. The Command is irrevocably committed to delivering quality policing services in line with International best practices. Hence we seek your full support and cooperation in this regard, while urging the public to increase their Security consciousness and report all suspicious movements and characters around them to the Police, via the following Security Numbers:
SP NNAMDI OMONI
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FOR: COMMISSIONER OF POLICE
RIVERS STATE COMMAND.