THE DNA TEST IS MEANINGLESS IN IGBOLAND, ACCORDING TO IGBO TRADITION HERE IS WHY .
1. Infidelity’s is abominable in Igbo culture, but carrying out a DNA test to ascertain the ownership of a child is useless.
2. Once a woman is married, all the children begotten belong to her husband, whether the husband is responsible or not.
3. Even if she divorces her husband, the bride price must be returned, if not, the children born after the divorce belong to her legally married husband.
4. If she marries another man without the parents returning the bride price, the marriage is not legal, thus, the children born to the present husband belongs to the former husband.
5. If the purpose of DNA test is to investigate on the faithfulness of the woman, that may not be bad, but, if the purpose is to ascertain the father of the child, that is useless.
6. In the case where the woman is not married, the child belongs to the father of the woman, unless, in case where the the boy/man that is responsible for the pregnancy, accepts with the necessary items, and carries out his other responsibilities, like ile omugwu.
7. Having sex with a woman does not automatically confer on you, the right of ownership of the child.