Urgent Public Information!
Following the recent killing in Buguma and other parts of the Kalabari Kingdom, and some taboos caused by ignorant security operatives, the Kalabari Ekine Sekiapu and the Akaso Alabo wish to notify the general public of the Ama Sikiri (Cleansing) ceremony slated as follows:
Dates: 13th, 14th, and 15th April 2021
Time: From 10:00pm daily
By this announcement, the general public is advised to observe the following:
1. Ladies are not expected to wear (put on) any clothing that will expose any part above their knees. Wearing of mini skirt, mini gowns, bum shorts, trousers etc will not be permitted, especially around the King Amachree Square and Akaso Temple during this period
2. Strangers (non indigenes) are not to be seen at the king Amachree Square, Buguma, during the period of the cleansing.
3. All non Ekine Sekiapu should retire to their homes by 10pm on Tuesday, 13th April 2021
4. Nobody should interfere with the process of the cleansing. If any does so, s/he will bear the cost of the cleansing.
5. Nobody should wear print material to the king Amachree square during these days.
6. The Army, Police, DSS and other formal security are expected to respect the laws of the land and to comply with same for the interest of peace and security.
In the light of the above, the Kalabari Ekine Sekiapu trust that the general public will comply with this notice.
Alabo Taribo Ngiangia
Head of the Kalabari Na Ekine Sekiapu
Some of This boys done chop wetin native doctors never chop o. kalabari boys should accept Christ, if not there will still crisis. Being in darkness, is being in bondage,, darkness does not connote development,,
Tradition remains tradition, those in it hardly prospers