Our problem in this country is not that we lack good policies, our problem is that we lack the Will power to implement those policies so most Nigerians says they are not moved and pray he succeed in police reform With every sense of patriotism, But there are two crucial things missing on this list. If implemented it will go a long way to change the negative image of Nigerian police:
1. Tagging a body cam. On every cop cam.
2. Daily conduction of alcohol test on every cop before been assigned for routines.
They should consider these also for the safety of the citizens and If this can be implemented, it will help to checkmate the police officers and can start to bring the confidence of the citizens back to the police
Recall That On Friday 16TH APRIL 2021 The IGP Released his 12 point agenda for immediate implementation: They include-
1. Immediate dismantling of road blocks across the federation.
2. Immediate withdrawal of officers attached to private citizens (To open the space for private security companies to thrive).
3. Deduction of court awarded damages from the salary of any officer found to have abused human rights.
4. Immediate recruitment of 1,500 lawyers with litigation experience to be attached to each police division/area command. They are to give legal fervor to investigations, provide legal advice and serve as police prosecutors.
5. Procurement and installation of video recording facilities in all investigation rooms of the Force.
6. Building of new laboratories in 36 States and the FCT to analyze DNA, finger prints, blood samples, body fluids and so on.
7. Launching of Vehicle Procurement Scheme for police personnel in partnership with Innoson and PAN. (Officers to get a new car and pay off over ten-twenty years.)
8. Rapid rehabilitation and restructuring of Police Academies and curriculum.
9. Any interstate transfer of officers to be effected with provision of transport and accommodation allowance.
10. Provision of two pairs of uniform and boots for all personnel, annually.
11. Increased allocation paid directly to each police division to run its operations.
12. Bi-monthly inspection and audit of police cells, to be carried out in conjunction with representatives from the local NBA Branch and the Bench..