DATE: 19TH JULY, 2021
EID-EL KABIR CELEBRATION
The Commissioner of Police, Rivers State Police Command, CP Eboka Friday on behalf of Officers and Men of the Command felicitates with all Muslim faithful’s on the occasion of Eid-el Kabir. He also wants to use this medium to assure them and other residents of the State of their safety as he has emplaced adequate security measures to ensure they enjoy their celebration in a very conducive atmosphere.
2. The CP made the declaration during his Briefing with DPOs/HODs and Area Commanders at the Headquarters of the Command. The CP who is still leveraging on the security measures earlier put in place since the launch of “Operation Restore Peace” in the South South Zone by the Inspector General of Police, IGP Alkali Baba Usman psc (+) NPM fdc, however promised to sustain the tempo, before, during and after the Eidel Kabir Celebrations.
3. In his charge to the DPOs/HODs and Area Commanders, the CP emphatically directed them to maintain Law and Order throughout the period of the Celebration. They are further directed to patrol and maintain Static guards at designated routes and strategic locations. To embark on visibility policing and ensure that the presence of the Police is felt by all and sundry.
4. They have equally been directed to focus more on critical Government infrastructure, vulnerable and key points, including Banks, Fun Centers, Mosque and other worship centers.
5. He is assuring the residents of the State that the relative peace being enjoyed in the State will be sustained. He however appeals to the public to cooperate with the Police by sharing actionable and credible information that will lead to the arrest and prosecution of all criminal elements in the State, especially those that may want to ferment trouble during the Celebrations.
6. Meanwhile a total of Three Thousand Five Hundred and Thirty Two (3.532) personnel have been deployed for this purpose, complemented by deployments from other Sister Security Agencies in the State.
To achieve this lofty goal, there will be both foot and vehicular Patrols, including Marine Surveillance and Patrols on the waterways. Security has also been beefed at all the entry and exit points.
7. The public is hereby enjoined to remain security conscious and report all suspicious movements and characters to the nearest Police Station or call the following security Numbers:-
SP NNAMDI OMONI (anipr)
POLICE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICERS
FOR: COMMISSIONER OF POLICE
RIVERS STATE COMMAND