A three-story building located in the Lawanson axis of Surulere has been engulfed in flames on New Year’s Day.
Eye witness says the fire is suspected to have been triggered by a power surge in an equipment inside the house but that no death casualties figures reported yet but property worth millions of naira have been lost to the sudden inferno.
Another eyewitness who spoke with Vanguard said, “The men of the Federal Fire Service and Lagos State Fire Service arrived about an hour at the scene after the fire incident started but they were unable to out of the fire owing to bad equipment that malfunctioned at the scene of the incident.”
He said an explosion was heard at the last floor of the building shortly after power supply was restored to the building, while an alternative power supply source, a generator set was still on.”
He said, “The landlord is currently on holiday, in Ebonyi State, but the wife and domestic staff are at home when the fire broke out.”
As of filing this report, officials of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) were not on ground, while efforts to reach them have failed. But according to the eyewitness, neighbors are making frantic efforts to put out the fire.