Gov Sim Approves Promotion Of All LGA Workers Earning Below 30K Minimum Wage, Stagnated For The Past 8yrs
Rivers State Governor Siminalayi Fubara has approved the immediate payment of #30,000 minimum wage for all local government staff in Rivers State and also ordered the immediate payment of all withheld allowances, gratuities, promotion of all that are due and all accrued benefits!
The Acting Chairman of The Local Government Service Commission, Pastor GoodLife Ben, had led all HLGAs, HPMs and TRs of the 23 LGAs of Rivers State to a meeting with the Governor, which resulted in this glad tidings for the workers that had been stagnated for the past 8yrs.
Governor Sim, during a meeting with NULGE leadership and principal officers of the Local Government Councils held on Monday, 12th February 2024, at the banquet hall of Government House, Port Harcourt approved the following:
1. Immediate promotion of Local Government workers in Rivers State with full financial benefits.
2. Immediate implementation of a N30,000.00 (Thirty Thousand Naira) minimum wage for Local Government workers.
3. Immediate implementation of the N35,000.00 (Thirty-Five Thousand Naira) wage award approved by the Federal Government to cushion the effect of the removal of fuel subsidy.
4. Inclusion of NULGE as a member of the Local Government Pensions Board, as provided by law.
5. Implementation of a consolidated salary structure for Local Government workers retiring at grade level 17.