in ,

How Cooking Stove Razed Down Building, Renders Over 20 Families Homeless In Diobu

Property Worth Millions Destroyed  with over twenty persons rendered homeless by fire inferno at 9 Awkuzu street mile1 Diobu.
EastwestReporters reports that the fire completely razed the building, forcing over 20 families who live in the popular face me, I face you houses in the area to run helter skelter and secure any document or any properties they could safeguard.
The fire was said to have be caused by a woman who left her cooking stove on in her room and went out this morning at N0 9 Awkuzu street Mile 1 Diobu Porthacourt, neighbours who didn’t suspect anything just saw the house on fire and called for help, the fire service was yet to get there until the time of filling this report.

See also  62 Passenger, 5 Crew Unhurt After Another Jet Skidded off Port Harcourt Airport Runway

A resident of the compound who gave her name as Esther told our correspondent that the fire was said to have started from the room of a woman who left her cooking gas on and went out to the hospital.

Esther said available information suggest that the gas whose regulator is bad exploded and the fire spread to other apartments .
Esther revealed that the incident happened so fast that the occupants of the compounds were not able to bring out tangible property from the building and the building was completely razed .Our correspondent witnessed the presence of men of Nigeria Police Force from Mile 1 Police Divisional headquarters who were on ground to prevent Hoodlums from hijacking people property . but no fire service personnel were on ground as at 9:19am Tuesday morning

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

Breaking: APC National Says It Does Not Recognize The Delta APC Faction That Expelled Omo Agege

Tension In UNIBEN As Final Year Student Is Shot Dead Inside Hostel Room