in ,

Police Reveals How Family Of Five Died In Fresh Autopsy Result

On 17th July, 2023 at about 0400hours the lifeless bodies of a family of five were discovered in a bungalow at Oze Village, Nkwelle Ezunaka. Information in the public domain had it that they died the first night they moved into the new building.

Names of the deceased were given as Ifeanyi Okoh, 32 years from Akebugu, Enugu State; his wife Chiamaka Okoh, 28 Years; Two of their children, Chinecherem Okoh, 3 Years, and Catherine Okoh, 2 Years as well as the mother of the wife, Anthonia Onwukube aged 56 years.

See also  PDP Senators Rejects Akpabio Senate Presidency, Moves To Override Tinubu's Endorsement

A visit to the scene of the crime revealed a generator connected to the house electricity grid and kept in a confined space without proper ventilation.

An autopsy conducted on the corpses revealed the cause of death to be carbon monoxide poisoning. They were killed by fumes from the generator.

The Commissioner of Police, CP Aderemi Adeoye while commiserating with the bereaved families wishes to advise the public on the terrible dangers of operating generators indoors as carbon monoxide which is emitted in the fume is a deadly gas that has wiped out several families due to ignorance. Generators are to be kept in well-ventilated spaces while in use. He assures that the Command will continuously sensitize the public to domestic hazards that may claim life in order to reduce such unnecessary and avoidable deaths.

See also  Osun State Gov. Takes Pre-emptive Security Measures Against Brooding Yoruba Nation Agitators, Appeals for Dialogue

DSP Tochukwu Ikenga
Police Public Relations Officer,
Anambra State Police Command,
Awka.

28th July 2023.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings

Why Nigeria Roads Are Empty: Car Types With Current Cost For Full Tank Of Fuel

Jihadist Army General Declares Self As New Leader Niger Republic, Warns That Foreign Interventions Could Be Disastrous