Social Action Urge Rivers State Govt, To Use The Following 7 Key Formulas To Share FG Subsidy
The Rivers State Government has acknowledged the receipts of Two Billion naira and 16,800 bags of rice as share of the federal government fuel subsidy removal share for Rivers State. The State must ensure the funds received from the 2 billion naira subsidy share and the 16800 bags of Rice palliative are used judiciously.
To do so, the Rivers State Government should consider the following:
1. Transparency and Accountability: The government should be transparent in managing the funds and should provide regular updates on how the money is being used. This can include publishing reports and financial statements to ensure accountability.
2. Investment in Key Sectors: The government should prioritize investing in key sectors such as healthcare, education, infrastructure, and agriculture. These sectors are essential for the overall development of the state and will have a long-term impact on the citizens.
3. Social Welfare Programs: The funds can be used to implement social welfare programs, particularly for vulnerable groups. This can include providing healthcare services, scholarships, skills training, and support for small businesses.
4. Infrastructure Development: The government should allocate a significant portion of the funds to improve infrastructure in the state. This can involve the construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, schools, hospitals, and other essential facilities.
5. Job Creation: The funds can be utilized to create employment opportunities for the citizens. This can be achieved through the establishment of industries, supporting entrepreneurship, and promoting vocational training programs.
6. Anti-Corruption Measures: The government should put in place strict anti-corruption measures to prevent misappropriation of funds. This can include regular audits, independent oversight committees, and punitive measures for those found guilty of corruption.
7. Public Participation: The government should involve the public in decision-making processes regarding the utilization of the funds. This can be achieved through town hall meetings, consultations, and feedback mechanisms to ensure that the needs and priorities of the people are taken into account.
By implementing these measures, the Rivers State Government can ensure that the funds received from the subsidy share and rice palliative are used effectively and efficiently for the benefit of its citizens.
Comr. Green Isaac,