Uniport Final Year Student Dies From Drug Overdose, Two Others Survives
A final year student of the University of Port Harcourt, UNIPORT, identified as Mudiaga has died of a suspected overdose of the illicit drug Colorado, also known as synthetic cannabinoids or “Spice.”
Mudiaga was said to have smoked what a friend gave him ignorantly, thinking that it was a normal cigarette after playing football.
But according to reports, after smoking the “Colorado” Mudiaga and his friends passed out.
However, the two others later regained consciousness, but he did not. He was rushed to the hospital where he was confirmed dead on arrival.
Confirming the story , Chukwudi Francis Odedo commented, “Happened in my street yesterday at Aluu. He took Colorado before going to play football in my street. He died in the field while playing. Say no to drugs !”
Another Facebook user , Real Zari Delight wrote, “Get your information right. He didn’t take any stuff before going to play. He was informed about the content of the stuff. Yet he went further to take it after he had seen the first guy fall of thinking he was just catching mere cruise, all of a sudden he also fell down instantly that was when everywhere scattered.
“They were just 2 there, the other guy who the smoke was passed to had already ran upstairs to his bathroom at mega Hilton to calm himself down. He could have also passed out if there was no one is his room at that very moment. We saw everything that happened there!”
Dr Sam Kpenu, spokesman for UNIPORT confirmed the death of the student.
He said the incident happened off campus.
He also said the friend who gave Mudiaga the students the “Colorado” cigarette has been arrested by the Police.
At the time of filing this report the Rivers State Police Command has not reacted to the incident.