Power Surge, Razed Down Phone Shop Opposite Eke Awka Market, Traders Hail Fire Service Prompt Response
At about 1928hrs (7.28pm) of 24-01-2023, Anambra State Fire Service, received a distress call of fire outbreak at the second floor of Ezenwa Plaza opposite Eke Awka Market.
Immediately, we deployed our fire truck and brave Firefighters to the scene of fire. We were able to control, extinguished and fought the fire to standstill.
The fire outbreak which emanated from one of the shops was caused by suspected POWER SURGE. Only that shop was badly burnt because of combustible nature of phones, phone batteries and phone accessories sold there. The fire also affected some of the roofing sheets of that building.
We are extending our gratitude to those who called us in time and those helped in combating the fire.
Please always switch off all electrical and electronic appliances when not in use to avoid power surge.
FIRE 🔥 KILLS BUT YOU CAN PREVENT IT.
ENGR. DR. MARTIN AGBILI (AGILITY)
Anambra State Fire Service